Ministry Developers Network exists to ignite start-up ministries and support existing ministries – helping them realize their maximum potential in God’s service. We do this by facilitating the growth of dynamic, Christ-centered ministries – globally by providing mentoring, networking and administrative support. What we are is a faith-based 501(c)3 non-profit mission organization that functions as the administrative service provider for new and existing ministries. MDN serves those who serve, that their vision may become reality.
Position: Executive Director – Job Description
The role of MDN’s Executive Director is to provide vision and leadership to sustain and develop MDN’s mission.
Accountable to: Board of Directors
• Together with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director sets service levels, cost structure, stewards the MDN brand, creates and executes the promotion strategy, and carries on public relations and promotions campaigns that promote God’s vision for MDN.
• Implement systematic, and vision-inspired donor development and fundraising plans that incorporate best-practice strategies for individuals, companies, and foundations.
• Serve as a proactive leader that gives ready support, counsel, care, and presence to domestic and international ministry leaders as they plan, organize, fund and carry out their MDN board-approved ministries.
• Develop and lead business processes and procedures that relate to the operation of MDN itself, including, but not limited to staff recruitment, evaluation, development, and retention; financial processes such as internal controls, annual operating plan and multi-year budgeting; and incorporation of information technology.
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Christian missions, intercultural / cross-cultural relations, international development, business as missions (BAM), etc.
• Record of successful leadership in positions of progressing responsibility
• 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising in the Christian realm
• Possesses basic computer skills, an understanding of non-profit accounting and banking
• Understanding basic nonprofit board governance principles is required, and a familiarity with Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability expectations and requirements is preferred
• Meets the Biblical character qualifications of an Elder (I Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9), including being “able to teach” (having the ability to speak in public).
• Leadership that inspires, demonstrating the inner “fire” or zeal that keeps the leader productively engaged, and motivates others.
• Agrees with and supports MDN’s statement of faith, purpose statement, core values, Church relations statement and organizational philosophy.
• Servant-leader who sees the recruitment and development of a thriving team of staff one of the keys to the success of the organization.
• Bridge-builder who can collaborate with other individuals and organizations with whom there may be disagreement on the “nonessentials.”
• Can distinguish difference between “cultural” and “biblical” issues, standing fast on biblical principles but understanding the need to be flexible in methodology across various cultures.
• Has the relational skills necessary to work well with people of different temperaments, backgrounds, cultures, etc.
• Retirement: No funds nor matching funds are provided, but a portion of the salary can be designated as retirement funds to be sent to a designated pre-tax fund if desired. MDN pays the employer portion of social security.
• Medical: A QSEHRA may be established, with a negotiable amount to be paid by MDN
• Professional Development: $1,000/year is available for staff development
• Travel Reimbursement: All travel is reimbursed, including means of travel, lodging, and meals
• Ministry Provision: MDN provides a cell phone, computer, and other office-related expenses
• Vacation: Four weeks/year, accrued monthly.
Time & Travel
As with many senior leadership positions, this is not a 40-hour position. While we want the Executive Director to guard his personal physical, spiritual and family health, the nature of the role will demand seasons of greater time commitment. Leading MDN will occasionally require travel, within and outside the country, comprising approximately 10% of the Executive Director’s time.
The MDN administrative office is in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. The Executive Director may choose to remain in his current location. Because of the technology available, the Executive Director can conduct routine communication with the administrative office remotely and make regular trips to Tampa Bay three to four times each year.
$55,000 /year including benefits (TBD), depending upon qualifications and experience. This compensation is negotiable, with the understanding the Executive Director is responsible to present to the Board a balanced budget, having raised funds or brought in new ministries to offset additional administrative costs.
Please submit resume to: email@example.com