Position: Executive Director
Accountable to: Board of Directors
Ministry Developers Network exists to ignite start-up ministries and support existing ministries – helping them realize their maximum potential in God’s service. We do this by facilitating the growth of dynamic, Christ-centered ministries – globally by providing mentoring, networking and administrative support. We are a faith-based 501(c)3 non-profit mission organization that functions as the administrative service provider for new and existing ministries. MDN serves those who serve, that their vision may become reality.
Executive Director Job Description
The role of the Executive Director is to provide strategic leadership as an enthusiastic visionary, committed to development and sustainability to the mission and ministries of MDN.
• Together with the Board of Directors, sets service levels and cost structure, stewards the MDN brand, creates and executes the promotion strategy, and, carries on public relations and recruiting campaigns that promote God’s vision for MDN.
• Implements systematic and vision-inspired donor development and fundraising plans that incorporate best-practice strategies for MDN’s ministries and leaders.
• Serves as a proactive leader that gives ready support, counsel, care, and presence to domestic and international ministry leaders as they plan, organize, fund and carry out their MDN board-approved ministries.
• Develops and leads business processes and procedures – ensuring the organization and its mission, programs and services are consistently promoting Christian values, ethical practices, integrity, quality and excellence – incorporating information technology – enabling MDN to attract, retain and motivate a diverse group of quality staff and ministries.
• Ensures appropriate organizational processes and systems are – in place to support strategic plans – effectively implemented – monitored and reported to the Board.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Christian missions, intercultural/cross-cultural relations, international ministry or development, business as missions, etc.
• Record of successful leadership in positions of progressing responsibility.
• 5 years of experience in successful nonprofit fundraising in the Christian realm.
• Possesses basic computer skills, and an understanding of non-profit accounting.
• Understanding of basic nonprofit board governance principles – required.
• Familiarity with Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) expectations and requirements – preferred.
• Meets the Biblical character qualifications of an Elder (I Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9), including being “able to teach” (having the ability to speak in public).
• Leadership that inspires, demonstrating the inner “fire” or zeal that keeps the leader productively engaged, and motivates others.
• Agrees with and supports MDN’s statement of faith, purpose statement, core values, Church relations statement and organizational philosophy.
• Servant-leader who sees the recruitment and development of a thriving team of staff one of the keys to the success of the organization.
• Bridge-builder who can collaborate with other individuals and organizations with whom there may be disagreement on the “nonessentials.”
• Can distinguish difference between “cultural” and “biblical” issues, standing fast on biblical principles but understanding the need to be flexible in methodology across various cultures.
• Has the relational skills necessary to work well with people of different temperaments, backgrounds, cultures, etc.
• Retirement: No funds (or matching funds) are provided, but a portion of the salary may be designated as retirement funds to be sent to a designated fund if desired.
• MDN pays the employer portion of FICA.
• Medical: A QSEHRA may be established, with a negotiable amount to be paid by MDN.
• Professional Development: $1,000/year is available for staff development.
• Travel Reimbursement: All ministry related travel is reimbursed, including travel mode, lodging, and meals.
• Ministry Provision: MDN provides a cell phone, computer, and other office-related expenses.
• Vacation: Four weeks/year, accrued monthly.
Time & Travel
While it is our desire for the Executive Director to guard his personal, physical, spiritual and family health, the nature of the role will demand seasons of greater time commitment. Occasionally travel will be required within and outside the country, comprising approximately 10% of the Executive Director’s time.
The MDN administrative office is in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. The Executive Director may choose to remain in his current location. Because of the today’s available technology, the Executive Director will be able to remotely conduct routine communication with the administrative office however will be required to make regular trips to Tampa Bay three to four times each year.
$60,000 /year including benefits (TBD), depending upon qualifications and experience. This compensation is negotiable.
Some reserves are available to supplement a portion of the Executive Director’s salary the first and second years of service; however, the third year he is expected to present to the Board a balanced budget, having raised additional funds, assisted existing ministries to grow, or brought in new ministries to offset the administrative costs related to his position.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org